Matija and I are pleased to announce a new major release of the eff programming language.
In the last year or so eff has matured considerably:
- It now looks and feels like OCaml, so you won't have to learn yet another syntax.
- It has static typing with parametric polymorphism and type inference.
- Eff now clearly separates three basic concepts: effect types, effect instances, and handlers.
- How eff works is explained in our paper on Programming with Algebraic Effects and Handlers.
- We moved the source code to GitHub, so go ahead and fork it!